Through email correspondence she said that she was going to send us the money via PayPal and wanted us to make arrangements with her shipping company so they can come pick up the washer and dryer. Shortly thereafter, I began receiving "PayPal confirmations" that the money was transferred to our account...but hold on a minute...there was an additional $550.00 included. (My wife began checking our paypal accounts and there was no money sent). The additional $550 was so that WE could send the money to her shipping company via Western Union.
But this is what got my attention...this is the original email message "PayPal" sent concerning the transfer of money. Please not all the punctual and spelling errors, different sized fonts were used, the grammer is horrible.
I was also thinking WTF...Why use Western Union to send the money to the shipping company when SHE could just as easily sent them the money via PayPal. Immediately, my wife and I called PayPal and advised them of the apparent fraud.
We told the PayPal representative everything we felt was wrong:
1. The woman didn't want to haggle about the price (red flag)
2. She wanted us to use Western Union to send money to her shipping company not PayPal
3. She wanted us to send the shipping company the money rather than her sending it
4. Why put a hold on our money until we send the shippers money...they should get paid when they pick up the merchandise.
4. We checked the email address from "PayPal" and it was from