POWr Ecommerce

Monday, May 23, 2011

Finally made it to Texas

As I sit here and write this, a wild turkey is walking past my office window...obviously, we finally made it to Texas!  Things are going well, but what an adventure it's been.  The drive took two days and we made it to the Title company on Friday; but, they didn't have our paperwork ready so we had to spend the next few days in a hotel.  Sitting in the hotel, I realized that I did not follow my own advice and didn't put any thought into my moving plans...I completely forgot my B.O.B.  We brought the wife's B.O.B., all the weapons & ammo, air mattress, big screen T.V., and the gold & silver; but not my B.O.B. 

If we had to ditch the vehicle or vacate the hotel due to a tornado or something, we would have been screwed.  The moral of the story (if there is one) is slow down and think about what you are doing before you act. 

Now I get begin planning my future projects:

find out why I have a sinkhole in my front yard
get a tractor with attachments
begin raising worms, craw fish, shrimp in pools
water tanks for rain water
build out the workshop (warehouse...it's freakin huge)
plan garden
find free manure for garden
build chick coop
get chickens

and the list goes on and on...

I'll begin posting more after I unpack more boxes and get settled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment