POWr Ecommerce

Thursday, August 13, 2009

What is your backup plan for food and water?

When I returned from Afghanistan and Iraq, I began to take a real serious look at the preps we have and what we actually need. The first thing I did was move all the food out of the garage and into the guest room. (Yes, our children are slowly leaving the house and we have converted one of the rooms into a guest room.) I installed additional shelving, loaded the shelves with what we have, took a step back and really took a long hard look to see if my wife, her kids, and family members could live off the food stuff until I got home (I may go back to AFG and IQ for some extra $$$). I decided that although we do have a lot of food, we just can't live off this stuff. It's supplimental - only to used while the crops grow, or we can can't snare jack rabbits, or catch phesants.

Double click on the pictures for the best view!











This may look like alot, but it's really not. In the containers is (2) rice, (2) flour (1 all purpose and 1 bread flour), and (1) peanut butter, Jelly, and honey.












Hanging baskets with tomato, peppers, sweat asian peas, basil, rosemary, and flowers to bring in the bees.































Ripping out the grass and flowers and planting veggies!































55 Gallon container to catch the drip from the air conditioning unit. Its used to water the veggies.












Water in the pool...well, of course it will be used for flushing. I am actually designing a multiple filtration system so that it can be used for bathing, watering the veggies, and drinking.


I know... I know.... drinking pool water is not good. However, I purchased a test kit and when I am finished designing the filtration system I will take samples and send them in to a testing facility to see how pure it it. Yes, I will take pictures and post them.

What is your backup plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment